“Deaf people can do anything, except hear.”

Says said By Deaf People

 
“Signs are to eyes what words are to ears. 
- Ken Glickman (Deaf Proverbs Book Writer)

“I have always thought it would be a blessing if each person could be blind and deaf for a few days during his early adult life. Darkness would make him appreciate sight; silence would teach him the joys of sound.”  
– Helen Keller ( Blind and Deaf American Author and Educator 1880-1968 )

“Just a thought….it is interesting to see that DEAF people can function in the hearing world very well while hearing people cannot function well in the DEAF world. “  
– Gil Eastman ( Gallaudet Theatre Art Professor 1934-2006)

 “The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “
 - Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister) 

“In terms of a disability, I don’t view myself as having a disability…I function like any other hearing person can. My deafness does not deprive me of anything. I can do anything I want. Except maybe sing.”   
Summer Cider (Gallaudet University Recruiter)

“At some point we have to stop and say, There’s Marlee, not There’s the deaf actress.”  – Marlee Matlin (Deaf Actress)

“As long as we have deaf people on earth, we will have signs. And as long as we have our films, we can preserve signs in their old purity. It is my hope that we will all love and guard our beautiful sign language as the noblest gift God has given to deaf people.”  
George Veditz, 1913. ( Former President of National Association of the Deaf )